“We made research on different Automotive Primers on the market today and our team came to agree that SpeedoKote Auto High-Build 2K Urethane Primer Kit and SprayMax 2K Activated EPOXY Primer are the Best Auto Primers you should consider acquiring for painting over old paint in 2022.”
List Of 5 Best Automotive Primers To Purchase In 2022:
#1-CHOICE: SpeedoKote Auto High-Build 2K Urethane Primer Kit (Grey):
- Automotive High-Build Gray Primer.
- 2K Urethane Primer Kit with Activator.
- A Fast Drying and Easy Sanding Primer.
- Easy 4:1 mixing, high build and fill, sands great.
- Designed for use on all metal surfaces & paints.
- A 2K urethane primer with great color and gloss holdout.
#2-CHOICE: SprayMax 2K Activated EPOXY Primer (black):
- 2K Activated EPOXY Primer in Black
- Ready to spray aerosol EPOXY Primer.
- Black Epoxy primer has excellent adhesion and anticorrosion properties.
- Can be used on Zinc-Coated Steel, Anodized Aluminum, Hot-rolled or Cold Rolled Steel, Fiberglass & many other surfaces.
#3-CHOICE: Evercoat Gray Feather Fill G2 Primer:
- Gray Feather Fill G2 Primer.
- Offers exceptional flow and leveling.
- Use a primer gun with a 1.7 to 2.2 fluid nozzle/air cap.
- Specifically developed to work with 1K and 2K etch primers.
- A high-build & high-solid Premium Polyester Primer Surfacer.
- Compliant with California and National Rule VOC regulations.
- Applying over self-etch primer could add 4-6 hours to the dry time.
- Primer will be ready to sand in 75-90 minutes depending on film build.
- For best results, surface must be clean and free of dirt, oil, grease & wax.
- It has excellent adhesion to fiberglass, SMC, body filler and wood surfaces.
- Apply 2-3 medium wet coats allowing 5-10 minutes flash time between coats.
- Smooth spraying, easy-sanding, fast dry-to-sand time and a shrink-resistant formula.
- To solvent clean raw, exposed fiberglass, it is recommended to clean exposed area with acetone.
- For surfaces with body filler or putty, finish sanding body filler or putty with 180-220 grit sandpaper.
- Final clean with a quality wax and grease remover to remove sanding residue prior to applying Feather Fill.
- For untreated steel, galvanized steel and bare aluminum, all bare metals must be treated with a high-quality epoxy primer prior to the application of Feather Fill.
- For pre-painted surfaces, sand repair area and featheredge using 180-grit, 220-grit and finish with 320-grit sandpaper on a random orbital sander.
#4-CHOICE: Rust-Oleum Automotive Dark-Gray Primer:
- Automotive Primer in Dark Gray.
- Features a full cure time of: 48-hours.
- Designed to stop rust after application.
- Provides a durable rust-inhibitive base for most automotive lacquers and enamels.
- Has a comfort tip with a wider finger pad to reduce fatigue caused by continuous spraying.
- Features any-angle technology that allows to spray hard-to reach areas & even upside down.
- Premium spray on primer that provides excellent resistance to abrasion, fading & chipping on surfaces.
#5-CHOICE: Custom Shop Premium High-Build Acrylic Lacquer Primer Surfacer (Gray):
- Features a gray primer color.
- Premium High-Build Acrylic Lacquer Primer Surfacer.
- This primer coating is fast-drying and sandable after 60-minutes.
- Ensures Fast Filling, Drying, Easy-Sanding & Excellent Adhesion.
- It’s an ideal primer for automotive vehicles, fleet, industrial products & OEM manufacturers.
- It can be easily sanded, wet or dry to a fine feather-edge & offers excellent adhesion and color holdout.
- Mix Ratio is 1 to 1 with RSP XR Reducers for 2.1 VOC California Compliance or RSP LT70 Lacquer Thinner for National Rule Compliance.
- A premium, lead-free primer surfacer that provides outstanding build for fast filling without shrinkage when used as directed.
- Provides excellent adhesion over properly prepared substrates like: metal, steel, aluminum, fiberglass, previously painted surfaces, epoxy & self-etch primers, body filler, glazing putties, etc.
All the featured Automotive Primers are formulated to ensure fast filling of damages without shrinkage when repairing your car in 2022. In fact, these primers can be easily sanded, wet or dry to a fine feather-edge and offer excellent adhesion and color holdout.
+Best Auto Paint Sealants.
+Best Engine Paints for Cars.
+Best Automotive Body Paints.
+Best Automotive Carpet Dyes.
+Best Automotive Touch-Up Paints.
+Best Car Exhaust Coatings & Paints.
+Best Clear Coat Spray Paints for Cars.
+Best Aluminum Wheel Paints for Cars.
+Best Black Car Paint Scratch Removers.