An Automotive Scanner is an electronic tool used to diagnose and reprogram vehicle control modules. These scanning-tools are designed to analyze data so as to identify specific issues with your car.
In fact, a car diagnostic tool is usually referred to as an OBD-scanner and it will help to read, modify, and clear codes coupled with performing a number of specific functions.
Additionally, they can be connected to your car via a wired diagnostic link connector, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi so as to allow you to scan every trouble code generated by your car’s computer.
So, We made research on different Automotive Scan Tools on the market today and our team came to agree that LAUNCH X431 Automotive Scan Tool and Autel MaxiSys Automotive Scan Tool are the Best Car Scanning Tools that you should consider acquiring in 2023.
List Of 5 Best Automotive Scan Tools To Purchase In 2023:
#1-CHOICE: LAUNCH X431 All-in-One Diagnostics & Services Automotive Scan Tool:
- Automotive Scan Tool.
- All System Diagnostics Tool.
- All-in-One Diagnostics & Services Tool.
- VAG Guided Functions (compatible with VW, SKODA, SEAT).
- Supports D-PDU/J2534/RP1210 Protocols & PEV (pure-electric-vehicle).
- Features Smart box that provides faster dual Wi-Fi vehicle and 5G network communications.
- It can perform bi-directional control on all systems like: ABS, fuel-pumps, windows, doors, etc.
- Perform OE-level diagnosis & programming for more accurate diagnosis and efficient car repair jobs.
- Supports API standard Communication Interface with the VCMI Vehicle Communication Measurement Interface.
- Support OE-Level Functions & AutoAuth for FCA SGW (for 2017 and later Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Alfa Romeo & Fiat).
- Diagnoses gasoline vehicles & 24V Diesel Trucks, buses, trailers, excavators, construction-machinery, pick-ups, etc.
- It can work with wireless tire pressure diagnostic tool to achieve the features of TPMS activation, programming and learning.
- Automatically identifies VIN upon connection to the vehicle for intelligent diagnosis, supports local diagnostics, supports VIN Scan & its more intelligent.
- It’s equipped with a 10″ screen, android system tablet with 15000mAh battery & 8-core processor. It also features a docking-station for easy charging at any time.
- Features Online Parameterization, Modification for BMW, Offline Coding, Calibration, Flash Hidden Functions, Setting & Changeover for Benz ( All the function above is car-specific).
- It supports 50+ reset services like: key-IMMO, abs-bleeding, GEARBOX, Oil-Reset, Injector-coding, Gear-Reset, SAS-Reset, TPMS-Reset, DPF-Reset, BMS-Reset, ETS-Reset, AFS-Reset, EGR-Adaptation.
- Scans your vehicle’s vin and can show all the vehicle modules with a color coded topology structure communication network. In fact, all the faults of each module and relationship between different modules can be viewed from it at a glance.
#2-CHOICE: Autel MaxiSys MS906BT with MV108 Automotive Scan Tool:
- Car Diagnostic Scanner.
- Professional automotive scanner.
- All Systems Diagnosis & 31 Services.
- Features ECU-Coding, Bi-Directional Control & Active Test.
- With 9 non-standard OBDII adapters included, this Wireless Diagnostic Scanner can access more vehicle models and modules.
- Professional diagnostic scan tool that can scan available vehicle modules including: PCM, ECM, EPS, PDM, TPM, BCM, ABS and SCCM.
- Supports bi-directional control over various car systems, sub-systems, components and performs active tests (function tests) like; ABS brake bleeding, Motor-Pump, etc.
- It can perform 31 service options like: Oil-Reset, EPB, SAS, DPF, BMS, ABS-bleed, Throttle, Suspension, Injector-Coding, Key Fob Coding, Power-Balance, Transmission-Adaptation, etc.
- Test to determine the integrity of the system or parts by reading the ECU data or by monitoring the operation of the actuators like: switching a solenoid, relay or switch between two operating states.
- This car diagnostic computer has broad vehicle coverage and can work on more than 80 American, Asian and European vehicle makes and models to perform diagnostics and vehicle-specific service options.
- Performs OE-Level wireless diagnosis on all car systems ABS, SRS (Airbag), Engine, Transmission, Brake-Systems, etc with complete capabilities for codes, live-data, active-test, ECU-information, adaptation, matching, ECU-coding and more.
#3-CHOICE: BOSCH Automotive Scan Tool with AutoID, Live-Data, ABS & Graphing:
- Automotive Scan Tool.
- Power Source: Battery Powered.
- Color LCD-screen with a great display.
- Features AutoID, Live Data, ABS and Graphing.
- Scans freeze frame, State OBD check (emissions), drive cycle mode, etc.
- Great tool for service writers to run quick diagnostics on incoming vehicles.
- Allows you to read & erase DTCs, reset MIL and turn-off Check Engine light.
- All modes of OBD II data, permanent DTCs, display DTCs in English, Spanish and French.
- Provides live real-time data & over 300 possible data PIDs available (depending on vehicle).
- Features over 15000 generic & manufacturer specific DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) definitions.
- Backlit display and ergonomic design makes it easy to read and handle in the shop or any garage.
- Compatible with all 1996 & newer import, domestic, diesel and hybrid vehicles (OBD-II & CAN) as well as 1994 and 1995 OBD-II compliant vehicles.
- Live Data allows you to view the vehicle sensor, switch, and relay inputs in real time while the engine is running to help you pinpoint the problem components for a faster diagnosis.
- Auto scanner feature has the ability to display generic and manufacturer specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and definitions, Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) codes and definitions for most 1996-2013 GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan & Hyundai vehicles.
- Updated manufacturer specific codes through 2013 (generic codes to current), record and playback of live data, powertrain code information, battery, alternator and charging system monitor & AutoID upon plugging in the vehicle which populates the vehicle VIN#, make, model, and year for most 2000 and newer vehicles.
#4-CHOICE: LAUNCH CRP909E OBD2 Scanner & OE-Level Full System Scan Tool:
- Compatible with 100000+ car models.
- OBD2 Scanner & OE-Level Full System Scan Tool.
- Auto Scanning for easy accessing of car information.
- Works on OBD2 PIN from 1996 up-to 2019, 2020 & 2021.
- Perfectly fits for Auto shop, DIY-User, Garage & Mechanic.
- It is also compatible with OBDII, EOBD & JOBD protocols.
- 6 Reset Automotive Scanner with Key Programming, Oil, DPF, ABS-Bleeding, TPMS, EPB, etc.
- Real-time diagnostic for your car battery, auto identify vehicles info, generate vehicle health report, share and print out the report to your customers.
- Equipped with Android 7.1 system with 6000mAh rechargeable battery, 7.0″ touch screen & wireless feature to perform diagnostics quickly and efficiently.
- It can read/clear trouble codes, allows you to view live data and ECU info on all major vehicles systems to help in major maintenance and repair tasks including: engine, airbag, transmission, ABS, SAS, EPB, DPF, DSC, SZL, TPMS, etc.
- Provides 15 hot reset services like: Oil-Reset, SAS-Reset, EPB-Reset, BMS-Reset, DPF-Regeneration, ABS-Bleeding, IMMO, Sunroof-Reset, Suspension-Reset, Gearbox-Reset, AFS Headlamp Reset, Injector-Coding, Gear-Learning, TPMS-Reset & Throttle Adaptation. It even tests obd2 10 modes.
#5-CHOICE: FOXWELL NT301 OBD2 Professional Mechanic Scanner & Diagnostic Code Reader Tool:
- Features live data graphing and logging.
- Best gift for Home and Autoshop Mechanics.
- Unique patented design with 2.8″ color screen.
- Provides codes analysis and its printer compatible.
- It’s charged directly from the 16pin DLC in your vehicle.
- Professional Mechanic OBDII Diagnostic Code Reader Tool.
- Can be used directly with no need for registration or update.
- Graphing live vehicle sensors data allows you to focus on any suspicious data and trend.
- Red-Yellow-Green Leds and build-in speaker indicate the readiness status for confident emissions test.
- Read, Erase & I/M readiness hotkeys make it easy to use this car computer reader right out of the package.
- Accurately reads error-codes for most Worldwide cars, SUVs, light-trucks and 12V diesels equipped with Obd2.
- User-friendly Design with hand-held size, clearly arranged keypad, menu-driven navigation, hotkeys and 2.8″ color screen makes it easy to use.
- Allows you to read DTCs, locate bad O2 sensors, access to emissions readiness status, turn-off CEL(check engine light) or MIL, reset monitor, read live data and retrieve VIN of your vehicle.
All the featured Automotive Scan Tools are designed to allow car owners and professional mechanics identify problems with their vehicles before taking them for maintenance in 2023.
+Best Brake Bleeders.
+Best 4 Post Car Lifts.
+Best Auto Paint Guns.
+Best Home EV Chargers.
+Best Car Battery Testers.
+Best BMW Code Readers.
+Best Car Power Inverters.
+Best Car Diagnostic Tools.
+Best Cordless Grease Guns.
+Best Aluminum Floor Jacks.
+Best 2 Post Car Lifts for Garages.